How to do Wide Leg Forward Fold Pose
Step your legs about two to four feet apart. Heels in one line. Toes slightly turned inward. Inhale lengthen your spine and gently contract your thighs. Bend your body forward from your hips, chin away from your chest, stretching your spine as you forward fold. Place your hands on the floor in between and in line with your feet. Bring weight into the balls of your feet. Inhale your rib cage expands, exhale, lengthen your spine down towards the floor. If possible or feels right, the crown of the head can gently touch on the floor.
- Hinge from your hips.
- Distribute your weight evenly throughout your feet.
- Roll your inner thighs back.
- Shift your weight forward to distribute the stretch through your hamstrings.
- Lengthen your spine.
- Bring your hands to your mat or outside your heels.
- Relax your head down and gaze back.