How to do Seated Forward Fold Pose
Begin seated with legs extended in front of you hip distance apart.
Press through your heels, slightly engaging your thighs.
Inhale, lengthen your spine, and on your exhale, engage your core by pulling your belly button in, and reach your arms forward towards your shins ,or feet, as you extend your torso over your legs. With each inhalation, fill your torso with space and on each exhale draw your abdomen towards your spine and deepen your forward bend.
- Flex your feet towards your shins.
- Slightly engage your thighs.
- Begin to straighten your legs hip distance.
- Sit tall to lengthen through your spine.
- Inhale, lift your chest and lengthen your spine.
- Exhale reach your arms forward towards your shins/feet.
- Hinge forward at your hips.
- Lengthen the back of your neck.