For Private Parties please call Tracy to schedule a time and date, 919-933-9642.
Fees are not refundable after arrangements have been made, but if cancellations
are necessary payments can be transferred into classes, workshops, and gift shop merchandise. All private party cancellations and transfers will be charged a $50 fee.
Off the mat and into the air!
Classes, Workshops and
Limited to 8 students
AERIAL YOGA CLASSES
You're never so alive as when your world gets turned upside down!
AERIAL YOGA takes your yoga practice off the mat and into the air. Suspending your body elongates your spine and frees-up physical compression for healthier joint mobilization. This new art form will also develop tremendous upper body and core strength. For students yearning for something different to explore, this class is the perfect solution. Aerial Yoga differs from Aerial Dance in that it remains closer to the ground and supports all your yoga postures on suspended fabric. Aerial Yoga combines traditional Yoga with the physical training of an Aerialist. Uniquely developed for beginners through all levels of experience.
Space is limited to 8 students
Dress Code: Please remove all jewelry and wear a T-shirt
ADULT AERIAL YOGA CLASSES
Adult classes are $20 to drop-in, but discounts
are available with the purchase of an Aerial Yoga Pass Card.
The Adult FREQUENT FLYER PASS CARDS:
5 classes for $85
10 classes for $150
All sales are final.
Studio credit is available if cancellations are necessary.
WORKSHOPS are always offered on Saturdays, 1pm-2:30pm
Please check our updated Weekly Schedule to see if the
Aerial Yoga class you'd like to take is available.
Mondays: 1:30pm-2:30pm...MIXED LEVELS with Liz
Tuesdays: 6pm-7pm...MIXED LEVELS with Natalie
Wednesdays: 1:30pm-2:30pm...BEGINNERS with Liz
Thursdays: 6pm-7pm...MIXED LEVELS with Kathy
Fridays: 1:30pm-2:30pm...MIXED LEVELS with Kathy
Saturdays: 1pm-2:15pm...MIXED LEVELS with Rebecca (Saturday classes are available when Workshops, and Aerial Teacher Trainings are not scheduled)
Sundays: 9:30am-10:30am...BEGINNERS with Liz
First come-first serve,
You can also call the studio (919-933-9642) to pay for your class
and reserve a spot for adult classes but please specify
which day of the week you will attend!
All Aerial Yoga classes and workshops are limited to 8 students per class due to materials restrictions, so classes are offered 'first come-first serve'. To secure a spot we highly suggest you pre-purchase your drop-in, or reserve your spot with your Frequent Flyer Card at least 12 hrs in advance.
If you register for a class or workshop and do not show, NO REFUNDS are provided. Cancelations must be made at least 12 hours before class time so that we can fill your spot and you can reschedule. Please call 919-933-9642 to cancel and reschedule.
Please wear a t-shirt, remove all jewelry and arrive 10 minutes before class time to choose the proper length hammock.
Please arrive 10 minutes before class time to find the appropriate
length fabric, Please wear a T-shirt and remove all jewelry!
Check out an Aerial Yoga Class in action:
The BENEFITS of AERIAL YOGA
Have you ever wanted to fly?
Have you ever wanted better access to your body, using a method that frees you from the normal constraints of gravity? Have you ever had the desire to improve balance, relieve pain, and inspire positive changes in your life? Have you ever wanted to pursue a practice that is both calming and adventurous at the same time? If you are ready to take your teaching to new heights, Aerial Yoga is for you.
1. Increased pose access and improved balance: The hammock unloads some or all of your weight, qualifying it as an inclusive prop for any ability; and it increases pose access when full weight bearing on certain joints is contraindicated or uncomfortable. The hammock is also used as a support prop in a balance pose and in navigating a safe approach to gradually building strength and balance.
2. Improved alignment and pain relief:You can practice traditional yoga poses in the hammock, such as downward dog, with a lift that allows postural refinement. When inverted, the combination of the hammock and gravity can allow therapeutic respite from spinal compression and a chance at relief to those experiencing back pain. While being inverted isn’t medically appropriate for everyone, Modified or gentle use of the hammock as the prop generally is, no matter the ability level.
3. Encourages body awareness, focus and a meditative practice:The mobility of the hammock and change in spatial orientation of poses encourages individuals to focus on the present moment. When taking a pose in an aerial yoga hammock, one might find it difficult to allow the mind to wander as the aerial version of the pose raises the requisite of focus, balance, coordination and recalibration of the body positioning.
4. Increases adventure and playfulness:In his book, PLAY, clinical researcher Stuart Brown, MD demonstrates that play is integral to our health and wellness. Brown says, “The beneficial effects of getting just a little true play can spread through our lives, actually making us more productive and happier in everything we do.” The aerial hammock added to a yoga practice can create a sense of adventure, cultivate self-trust and add playfulness to life for better mind and body health and life quality.
5. Inspires positive life changes:There are students who struggle with the perceived vulnerability of letting go and placing full trust into the hammock. But such effort is the work of life. Opening to the experience in yoga class can teach the ability to access an even keel and steady breath if life itself turns you on your head. Brene Brown, Ph.D., says her research indicates that “vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.” Allowing vulnerability into your yoga practice as a learning platform can inspire your life in the best of ways.
6. Calms the nervous system and offers support:The hammock has a profound calming effect on the nervous system. The suspension offers the option to gently rock while the fabric provides soothing compression to the skin, which stimulates circulation and encourages the relaxation response of the parasympathetic nervous system. Lying within the welcoming fold of the hammock, one is able to rest in full awareness on the sensory delight of the experience. You are literally lifted upward, held close, and fully accepted amidst free space for flight.
How to execute an Aerial Yoga Handstand
Rebecca Drake,Vinyasa Flow and YogaWorks certified teacher, began practicing yoga with Tracy Bogart while attending the American Dance Festival in 1999. Rebecca has had the privilege of studying with many master teachers, and has been deeply influenced by Sarah Powers, Shiva Rea, Andrey Lappa, and Erich Schiffmann. She is committed to everyone in her classes, and aspires to create a safe and supportive environment for her students. She has a sweet sense of humor, and encourages a playful approach to practice, while gently and lovingly challenging her students.
Rebecca was the first Aerial Dance and Aerial Yoga teacher in North Carolina. She currently is the teacher trainer for her MomentOm Arts Aerial Yoga Teacher Training program at Triangle Yoga, and continues to teach Aerial fabric techniques to students of all levels at Triangle Yoga. She specializes in Aerial Dance choreography, having had her work performed by varied artists such as Archipelago Theatre, Playmakers Repertory Company, and the Carolina Friends School dance program. She has also performed at the NC Museum of Art, Fletcher Opera Theater, National Music Festivals and teaches the only Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Program in North Carolina.